Communications and Project Coordinator – Contract
Date: September 26, 2022
Role: Communications and Project Coordinator – contract
Creative Okanagan’s vision is to have a thriving music scene that is inclusive, connected and valued. Our mission is to build a stronger music ecosystem by creating and encouraging accessible music experiences that serve audiences, artists, and stakeholders in the Central Okanagan.
Creative Okanagan is seeking a Project and Communications Coordinator in a part-time contract role. This position directly supports the Executive and Creative Director and communicates with our members, musicians, and the general public. We seek an individual interested in the live music sector who is outgoing, has strong communication skills, and is accountable.
- Assist with the development an annual communication plan
- Social Media content creation, scheduling and posting (including Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Maintain and edit website content as directed and initiate changes as deemed necessary
- Mighty Networks platform management
- Member support
- Development of monthly e-newsletter
- Communicating with partners and artists as assigned
- Artist development programming coordination and development with Executive and Creative Director
- Event planning support, including site logistics and site management
- Public speaking
- Artist contract writing and review
- Adhering to budgets provided
- Working closely with Executive and Creative Director
- Research to support project gaps
- Working independently with planned touchpoints on projects
- Available for meetings with the Executive Director bi-weekly, between 9 am and 5 pm
- Experience in the arts and culture sector, including managing artist agreements and performance logistics, stakeholder and audience communications, social media marketing
- Minimum two years experience handling social media posting and scheduling
- Experience working with musicians or in the music sector
- Listening and research skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including professional correspondence and copywriting skills
We anticipate this role working approximately 5 hours a week, with fewer hours in December. The contract fee is between $20.00 and $23.00 an hour, depending on experience. There is potential for the role to grow for the right candidate.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] by October 7th, and you will receive a response before October 10th.
How to apply
Interested parties are invited to email [email protected] by October 10th with their resume and cover letter to apply for this position.